Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mother of the Year Award

Let's just say that it is definitely not going to me! Yesterday my sweet 7 month old daughter fell off the bed for the second (yes, second) time in her short life. How she made it from the center of the bed and over the surrounding mounds of blankets in that short period of time I still don't know. As I swooped her up and began comforting her, she threw up all the food that she had eaten just minutes before. I of course panicked and called my friend Dorothy (who happens to be a mother of 5). Lainy was already begining to calm down and before I had even told Dorothy about the incident, she was smiling at herself in the mirror. Dorothy was on her way home and close by, so she still stopped in. We checked her over and she was fine, but I was still pretty shaken up. Then this morning I was feeding her small bits of my breakfast and something she ate got stuck in her windpipe. She tried to puke it up, but it wasn't working and I was completely freaking out. I told Tony to do something and thankfully he stuck his finger down her throat and swiped out the food while I held her nearly upside down. Within minutes she was fine, but I was not. I could not get my legs to stop shaking! Moments like these just didn't seem to happen so often with Elyssa. Earlier this week Elaina was puking and pooping from some virus...so this whole week has been totally stress filled. I worried that she would choke on her throw-up or get dehydrated. That lasted for three days and then one day later....
Honestly, I just need more recovery time between tramatic events. :)

3 comments:

Keri said...

Tori I totally understand where you are coming from. It seems like it never ends when you are in the middle of a sickness or a stressful week. Pass that award up my way I am fighting you for it...

Eigna said...

You poor thing! It has been a stressful week for you! I know how scary those moments are. Our little peanut has fallen off the bed more than once AND choked on food a couple of times. It has NOTHING to do with what kind of mom you are! They are kids, those things happen. I am so glad everything is okay! :)

Angie said...

Oh Tori!!! You poor thing, Tony and you both when she was choking, I cant count the times that has happened and I can so relate to the panic that comes over you and given the history, I can imagine many more thoughts. Thankfully she got past it and so did Momma.

Hope to see you guys soon....

Love you all,
Ang