Friday, December 5, 2008

Worship

Worship is often thought of as the time spent singing before a service at church. It wasn't until I was in high school or college that I was taught that worship could take many forms. I was reminded of this by my amazing little girl when we were putting up the Christmas tree last week. As she hung an ornament on the tree she looked down at me from the chair she was standing on and stated, "This is the second time today that we get to worship Jesus, mom. First we went to church and now we are decorating this tree for him." It never ceases to amaze me that God can use a six year old child to speak to me so often. What a wonderful reminder to us all to slow down and think about what this season is truly about.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Tori, I know what you mean about God using your children to speak to you...happens to me almost daily. What a blessing they are! Miss you.