Friday, July 4, 2008

Elaina is 5 months old...




...AND GETTING SO BIG!

Not just literally (which our little "chunk" is certainly doing), but she has hit such an exciting stage. She isn't a newborn anymore. She likes to eat, especially from our plates. Baby food really isn't her thing! Water bottles, sippy cups, and straws are all kinds of fun. She is nearly able to sit up unassisted, though right now she looks more like a weeble that wobbles and DOES fall down! She sat in a high chair at lunch today using the awesome buggy bag that I had put away in the closet. The buggy bag also made the trip to Wal-Mart more enjoyable. The biggest brag, though, is I finally took the step and moved her upstairs to her own room. She seems to love her crib. The last two nights she has slept all night long, which she was not doing in our room. It took me a while to mentally prepare myself for letting her sleep so far away and truthfully I haven't exactly taken the full plunge. I am sleeping upstairs in Mia's room, which gives me quick and easy access if she needs me. One step at a time, right? Having a big house has its perks, but there are definitely some disadvantages. It would be so much easier if her room was right down the hall!!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

One step at a time Tori. I am so happy to see pictures of your sweet girl. She is such a cutie for sure.

Eigna said...

She is getting so big! I am glad you are both sleeping better. There were nights I slept on the floor in the peanut's room and it is right down the hall! :)

Michelle said...

She is getting so big! Funny how fast they grow...