Friday, July 4, 2008

Lost tooth, and glasses, and scrapes...oh my!




Our "not so little" bit has had quite an exciting summer so far. During the first part of May a new tooth started growing in behind her front baby tooth. After a somewhat frantic trip to the dentist, I discovered that this is quite common and nothing to worry about. Of course, Elyssa was ready for her a visit from the tooth fairy ASAP, but not enough so to let the doctor pull out her tooth! :) She wiggled and wiggled and then finally it was ready to come out. One quick tug was all it took to get that tooth replaced with some nice loot from the tooth fairy.


Elyssa has also come a long way on riding her big girl bike, but bikes do not come without scrapes. She usually manages to land on the grass when she falls, but alas...she finally landed on the concrete...and left the top layer of skin from her elbow. She can be quite a drama queen and was really playing it up until I told her that her first strawberry was something to be proud of. Through her last few tears, she climbed back up onto the bicycle seat and proudly rode it the rest of the way home.
The last morsel of Elyssa news comes from her latest "fashion accessory." That is how I finally convinced her that the fact she needed glasses was not the end of the world! After trying on what felt like hundreds of pairs of glasses, we finally found some that we both agreed looked great on her. She really does look cute, too, although I hate that she inherited my horrendous eyesight!

2 comments:

Keri said...

What an adorable pair of glasses! I can't imagine Gracelyn and I agreeing on a pair. UGH!!

Michelle said...

Elyssa looks sooo much like you!!! The older she gets, the more she reminds me of you. Does your mom ever tell you that???