Monday, July 28, 2008

Lima Beans?!!




A few months ago we read the book A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon. It is about a little girl who loves lima beans, but won't eat them because none of the kids at her school like them and she is too afraid of what they will think. Since then, Elyssa has wanted to taste lima beans. I don't personally like them, so I have never cooked them at home. Well...Saturday we were eating at Cracker Barral and guess what the vegetable of the day was??? That's right, lima beans! She immediately wanted to order them, but I was still not convinced this was a good idea. I asked the waitress if she would mind bringing her a small sample before we ordered them. To my surprise, Elyssa loved them. Can you believe this? How did a kid who refused to eat anything but corn, greenbeans, and an occasional carrot end up with a little girl who likes just about every vegetable she tries? I am SO thankful that she is such a good eater. (On a side note, Elaina seemed to like them, too, but any real food is better than baby food!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is so funny what kids eat...We all hate onions, but Allegiance LOVES them, even raw ones. YUCK!!!